Hi All Senior Preston Harriers Members,
We are looking for a replacement for Simon Collins who had been our Men’s Cross Country and Road Running Team Captain for a number of years and is now stepping down from the role.
The role could be for 1 person or divided between 2 people, with one focusing on road events and the other focusing on cross country. We have a vice captain, Wes Wilkinson, who was appointed only recently.
The appointees would not need to be fast runners, but need to be willing to get acquainted with runners in different groups, if not already know. They would also need to show leadership.
Preston Harriers Senior Men’s Team Captains for Road and Cross Country.
Team Captains Role
· Prior to the season identify all potential team members and encourage them to enter endurance events (see events below)
· Promote participation in team events by building relationships with club members through the use of face to face contact at training sessions and events, social media such as Facebook, WhatsApp and via email, Club Newsletter and Magazine.
· Help organise teams for relay and championship events, working with the Ladies Team Captain, liaising with club and event officials. Doing team entries as required.
· Be an active members of the Endurance subcommittee.
· Act as a link for new adult members of the club on occasions.
· Have an input into the organising of the Club Championship (Road)
· Work with the Vice-Captain to fulfil the role.
The following events fall under the scope of this role. This list is not exhaustive and may involve working closely with other Club members who support the Captain’s role.
o Mid Lancs League X-C
o Championship Cross-country races (Lancashire, NOEAA and National)
o Inter Club road series
o Preston Harriers Club Championship races
o X-C relay events (NOEAA and National)
o Road relay events (NW Road relays, NOEAA Road relays and National Road Relays)
Simon has offered to support the person who takes on this role as they settle in.
Expressions of interest should be made by 10th March
Endurance Subcommittee Chairperson
Preston Harriers would like to say a huge thankyou to Simon for all he has done as Team Captain.